Nicaragua practical information COVID-19
The following general recommendations and requirements should be taken into account when traveling to Nicaragua, and during your visit.
Source of information
The entry requirements for nationals and foreigners, and actions to take in case of presenting symptoms of Covid-19 upon entry are established in Ministerial Resolution, number 346-2020 and a press release of MINSA of July 17th, 2020.
The adopted measures in case of symptoms upon arrival include being examined and tested by a medical unit of MINSA, and follow-up in case of continuing symptoms or a positive PCR test. Quarantine is not required.
Requirements for entering the country
Present negative PCR test
Before entering the country, a test must be done and presented with negative results, to be valid, the test must be done in a period no longer than 72 hours before arrival and will be required at any border.
International travelers who present fever or respiratory symptoms upon arrival will not be allowed to enter the country. Travelers who present a negative test and do not have any symptoms will be allowed to move around freely.
Where a PCR test is taken, if needed
Location, requirement and cost
It will be conducted only (so far) by MINSA at the Conchita Palacios national health complex in Managua. You will have to bring your identity card (passport), ticket or flight itinerary and proof of payment. Payment can be done onsite in cash, or by bank transfer to the following account: 10010012253774 (account in USD) at Banco de la Producción (Banpro), in the name of TGR-MINSA. The value is 150 USD per test.
Attention period and delivery time
It will be carried out from Monday to Saturday from 7:00 am to 10:40 am and the results will be delivered the day the sample is taken, between 2pm and 5pm.
As your local agency we are committed to your safety and have established an internal protocol with recommendations and suggestions. We maintain a 24/7 emergency number that will be available at any time (+505) 7872-0076 during your stay in the country.
Measures to be followed to ensure health and safety:
- During the meet & greet and before each activity the guide will provide a briefing with the clients to inform the measures to be followed and recommended.
- Prepare and place signs in visible places on vehicles to reinforce generic measures to minimize risks of contamination, as well as recommended customer behavior.
- Vehicles will be washed before services and disinfected by drivers, on a regular basis, with special attention on common areas: handholds and armrests.
- Alcohol gel containers are available on vehicles.
- Staff will wear masks during transfers, tours and activities.
- The guide will invite clients to notify if they present health symptoms, indicating that there is a procedure in place to follow up.
General recommendations to share with clients
- Avoid direct contact when greeting, such as hugging, shaking hands, etc.
- Use personal protective gear such as face masks and alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the trip, especially in crowded areas or when making contact.
- We can recommend places where you can get personal protective gear (local pharmacies or authorized distributors).
- Minimize the use of cash, replacing it with the use of a credit/debit card, with the premise of disinfecting it after use.
- Contact us at the emergency number (7872-0076) in case of any relevant symptom (fever, cough, difficulty breathing or body pain).
In case of symptoms, we reserve the right to remove an affected client from the tour as a safety measure, protecting staff, providers and possible other group members, suggesting client to stay in their room and request room service. We would inform the travel agency and recommend private medical assistance (clients' expense).